Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I've Been Tagged AGAIN

My dad, Bubs, over at Sprawling Ramshackle Compound, has tagged me again.


Popcorn or Candy?
usually I go for the Junior Mints, but popcorn makes for a nice change of pace now and then.

Name a movie you've been meaning to see forever. For a while it was Back to the Future, but I just watched that with Cody, so I'm not sure.

You are given the power to recall one Oscar: who loses it, and to whom? I don't know who would lose it, but Best Actor would go to Johnny Depp in Ed Wood.

Steal one costume from a movie for your wardrobe. The black and white stripy dress Christina Ricci wears at the end of Sleepy Hollow.

Your favorite film franchise is: That is an unfair question....Evil Dead, Saw, Spider Man.

Invite five movie people over for dinner. Who are they? Why'd you invite them? What do you feed them? Lloyd Kaufman, founder of Troma, the longest continually running indie film company ever. I've met him twice, and I'd love to get to know him. Tom Savini, "The Wizard of Gore". I've met Savini as well, and he's a great story teller and a neat guy. I'd invite William Castle, master of the box office gimmick. I just read a book about him, and my favorite movie as a kid was House on Haunted Hill. George Romero, the creator of the modern zombie movie, my most favorite genre. Bruce Campbell, because after reading his autobiography and his novel, I think I love him. Johnny Depp, a brilliant actor, and, from what a gather a good person. I think I'd do a basic steak, potatoes, salad thing for dinner. And I'd probably get these guys liquored up, that'd be a hoot.

What is the appropriate punishment for people who answer cell phones in the movie theater? They should be forced to leave the theater and eat their phone.

Choose a female bodyguard: Ripley from Aliens, Mystique from X-Men, Sarah Connor from Terminator 2, The Bride from Kill Bill, or Mace from Strange Days. The Bride! She's INCREDIBLE! She gets shot full of rock salt, buried alive, SHOT IN THE HEAD! What can't she survive and then dismember?!?

What's the scariest thing you've ever seen in a movie? Jeez, I know the scariest movie I've seen....I'll say any scene with the rickety spiral staircase in the original Haunting.

Your favorite genre (excluding "comedy" and "drama") is... HORROR! Notably splatterstick and zombie. ^_^

You are given the power to greenlight movies at a major studio for one year. How do you wield this power? I'd give adequate funding to gifted low budget film makers, regardless of genre (though expect a lotta horror ;) )

Bonnie or Clyde? Umm...Bonnie?



3 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Nice wardrobe choice, and I like your dinner guests. Having met Mr Kaufmann, I think the little fella would be a blast to hang out with.

1:14 AM  
Blogger Johnny Yen said...

Johnny Depp was great. And Bill Murray. Martin Landau won for best supporting actor, in one of those rare occasions in which a long-neglected actor gets an Oscar for an actually great role.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Danny Tagalog said...

Hey Dystopia - you've got some well cool parents haven't you? And I hear that you might be coming here to Japan in the future - like I said to Mr and Mrs Bubs, if you need some anything from here, let us know. Cheers.

Oh, and if you have time - start studying Japanese if you are serious about coming. The locals try and speak English with you at all times unless you can show you have a good command - so be warned!

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home