Saturday, November 11, 2006

A Terrible Realization

I've been thinking a lot lately, and the conclusion I've come to is that I'm filled with hate. I look around me, and all that I see sickens me and fills me with anger. The women who come to the store I work at; fat and miserable, I can tell that their lives are not what they had hoped they would be when they were my age. I cannot and will not grow up to be one of those women. I also strive daily not to be one of the vacuous little girls that I go to school with. I will live up to my dreams, I will be my own person, I will be happy. I see stories in the news about what our government, and those of other countries are doing to their people. I listen to the lectures in my sociology class. I had never realized how completely SCREWED things in this country are! I had never realized how deep institutional racism runs in this country, I had never realized just how ridiculous the idea of race even is!! It terrifies me that the state of our "civilized" world is so utterly barbaric! I am horrified and saddened by the way our leaders are willing to fuck us on a daily basis for the sake of their own pocketbooks! I am EMBARRASSED to be HUMAN.

6 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Eh. You'll get over it.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After laughing at your father's note.

Don't worry about being like that. You are one of those who aren't wired for society.

Something I'm still learning.

*sigh*

7:39 AM  
Blogger Dystopia said...

I hope I don't get over it! More people need to be filled with rage! That's the only hope we have for change!!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Rage is invigorating for the first few minutes. Then it just makes you tired and dyspeptic.

2:33 AM  
Blogger Dystopia said...

Do you really think that? That's kind of disheartening to me.

10:18 AM  
Blogger lunkhead said...

You're looking in all the wrong places.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home